NURSES - MAKING A DIFFERENCE EVERY DAY


Happy Nurses Week 2008 from your friends at Nursing Spectrum & NurseWeek!

12 de Maio - Dia da Enfermeira.

International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.

You can find information about Florence Nightingale on the Florence Nightingale International Foundation (FNIF) web site and the Girl Child Education Fund.

Registered Nurse (RN)

A nurse holding an Associate, BSN, or Hospital Diploma degree who is licensed to practice nursing by the state authority after qualifying for registration.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Introduction to HIV/AIDS: What You Need to Know

Becky Kuhn, M.D., co-founder of Global Lifeworks, covers critical basic information about HIV and AIDS. HIV is a virus that causes the disease AIDS, which can be fatal. There are treatments but no cure. HIV is spread by contact between body fluids (blood, semen, vaginal fluids, and breast milk) and mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth, and genitals). It is spread by sexual contact, injection drugs users sharing needles, from mother to child during childbirth or nursing, and (early on during the epidemic) by receiving blood transfusions. You can reduce your risk by abstaining from sex before marriage, being faithful to a single partner and using a condom and/or dental dam if you are sexually active, and by never injecting drugs or by never sharing needles if you do. It can take up to six months after exposure to HIV for a person to test HIV positive; even before they test HIV postive, the infected person can spread the disease to others. A doctor can prescribe antiretroviral (ARV) drugs to prevent HIV from progressing to clinical AIDS. It is critical to take every ARV dose on schedule to avoid developing a resistant strain of HIV. If a person is HIV positive, they still need to practice safer sex to avoid spreading HIV to others and to avoid contracting a different, resistant strain of HIV. This video refutes misinformation from the "Lee Evans HIV Tests" video.
Visit
http://www.AIDSvideos.org to learn more about Dr. Kuhn's outreach.
Visit http://www.GlobalLifeworks.org and http://AIDSvideos.org
to learn more. [Do you want to help prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS? Are you fluent in a language other than English? Then volunteer to translate this video into another language! Click http://AIDSvideos.org/translate.shtml to learn how you can help!!!]

1 comment:

LARRY SCOTT said...

I am Larry Scott, I contracted HIV in 2009 I was told by my doctor that there’s no possible cure for HIV. I started taking my ARV’s, My CD4 is 77 and viral load is 112,450. I saw a website of Dr.Ehi, also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses herbal medicine to cure HIV. I contacted him and told him my problems, He sent me the herbal medicine and I took it for 21 days after then I went for check-up and I was cured. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT, there’s no special diet when taking the medicine.  is really a great man contact him now. { Ehicareherbalhome@gmail.com } m the great herbal mercy add him on whatsapp on +2348117827382 thanks once again dr Ehi you are the best I have ever seen